Name: Garmin Vivoactive
Dimensions: 4.8 cm x 3.8 cm x 0.8 cm
Weight: 38 g
Battery Life: 10 hours (GPS Mode), 3 weeks (Watch Mode)
Water Rating: 50 meters
Golf Course Maps: Over 38,000 (must be downloaded)
Colours: Black, White
- Precise yardages to the front, middle and back of the Golf green.
- Precise distances to doglegs and hazards on the Golf course.
- Incredibly thin, with a high resolution colour touchscreen that can be read even in sunlight.
- GPS-enabled Biking, Running and Golfing activity tracking.
Like with all Garmin GPS watches, the Garmin Vivoactive GPS watch is incredibly easy to set up straight out of the box.
If you’re a Golfer, you are able to download more than 38,000 Golf courses from around the world by connecting it to your phone or computer.
The battery life of the Garmin Vivoactive is also very good, getting 10 hours in GPS mode and around 3 weeks in watch mode.
Ease of use
The Garmin Vivoactive has a high resolution colour touch screen that makes navigating the watch a dream. The fact that the watch is also very light and incredibly thin also means it is comfortable to wear no matter what sport you are playing.
Our verdict (5/5)
The Garmin Vivoactive is a great GPS watch for athletes no matter what your sport is. Whether you like to play Golf, Cycle or Swim, this watch will not struggle.
We love this GPS watch so much we placed it at number 2 in our list of the best Golf GPS watches.
Name: Garmin Approach S6
Dimensions: 4.5 cm x 4.5 x 1.42 cm
Weight: 46.6 g
Battery Life: 10 hours (GPS Mode), 20 weeks (Watch Mode)
Water Rating: 50 meters
Golf Course Maps: Over 38,000 pre-loaded
Colours: Black, White, Orange
- A dedicated CourseView button that displays the exact distances, shape and layout of each hole, including the green, fairway and the tee box.
- A high resolution and glove-friendly colour touchscreen that is readable even in sunlight.
- Ability to receive text and email alerts on your Golf watch from your iPhone (4S+).
- Contains the precise distances of over 38,000 courses worldwide, with no fees or subscriptions necessary.
- Swing Training to enable you to get a more balanced and consistent swing.
- Garmin Connect for Golf allows you to analyse, play, compare and share your round of Golf.
The Garmin Approach S6 is definitely the best golf GPS watch that we’ve tested. It combines a touchscreen with hole maps in an overhead view which allows you to see the distance to any point on the golf course or specific hole. We have to admit that when we first heard about the maps we were a little skeptical – after all, how functional can it possibly be on a small, watch-sized touchscreen? We were very, very wrong. Garmin has managed to create a fantastic solution using automatic zoom. When at the tee box, the Garmin Approach S6 zooms in on the area on the hole map that corresponds to what your typical drive distance is (you put this into the watch when you set it up) automatically. This means that if you’ve put into the watch that your typical drive distance is 300 yards, it will zoom to 300 yards on the fairway to show you where you will typically be landing. There’s also the option to zoom in manually to which area you’d like to view.
Setting up the Garmin Approach S6 is easy. You have to do the usual stuff, such as selecting your language and measurement. You also have to input your most common driver distance, as this determines where the map will be zoomed in on depending on whether you are on a par four or par five hole.
You charge the Approach S6 via a USB cable into your computer. We’d also recommend that you create a Garmin Connect user account and download …